About DARIUSZ MAKARUK
Dariusz Makaruk – audiovisual art and music producer, director of projection mapping projects.
Lives and works in Warsaw, Poland.
He is a member of Polish Society for Electroacoustic Music ( PSeME) – a Polish department of CIME/ICEM in Bourges supported by UNESCO.
He is a First Prize winner for the biggest videomapping installation in the world, as part of Bi-City Biennale of Urbanism and Architecture in Shenzhen in 2019. The award winning project was performed on 40 skyscrapers in the centre of SHenzhen City.
Makaruk is a grand prizewinner of the International Contest at Les Bains Numeriques #9 Festival for the duo AV performance with the project Dimension N with Alba G Corral [ES].
He was a member of Pépinières européennes pour jeunes artistes 2016 programme hosted by Transcultures – Interdisciplinary Center for Digital and Sound Cultures in Mons, Belgium.
Author of interactive multimedia installations based on custom software written in Max/MSP Jitter, Unity, C# and Arduino.
Producer of multiple 3D projection mappings in public and architectural spaces including projection and dance choreography.
Makaruk is an initiator and Artistic Director of Moving Closer Innovative Art Festival organised in Warsaw, Poland and Laserowa Noc Festival organised in Kielce, Poland.
- Bi-City Biennale of Urbanism and Architecture Shenzhen/ Hong Kong 2019
- Speech and Silence, International Poetry Nights in Hong Kong, 2019
- Suzhou International Design Week, Chiny, 2019
- Art Night, Shanghai, Chiny, 2019
- Bi Jia Shan, Shenzen, Chiny, 2019
- Dai Gakko Anniversary Conference, Osaka, Japan 2018
- World Omisoroi Award, Osaka, Japan 2017
- MADATAC, Madrid 2017
- Festival des Bains Numeriques #9, Enghien les Bains 2016 (with DIMENSION N project)
- CitySonic Festival 2016, Mons (Dimension N)/li>
- Live Cinema Festival, Rome 2016 (Dimension N)
- CYNET Art Festival 2008 Dresden
- Festival Synestheses 2006, Bourges
- Sperm Festival 2007 Prague
- Viathea Festival 2005, Gorlitz
- Fusion Festival 2006, Germany
- Polsk Jazzfestival 2004 (with Kinior & Makaruk), Stockholm
- Klubb Europa DJ Tour 2007, Sweden
- Polish Sound Art in China Festival (Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Shenzen) 2006
- Mood Indigo Festival 2008, Mumbai, India
- Audio Art Festival 2009, 2013, 2015, Cracow
- PatchLAB Festival 2015 (with Dimension N) Cracow
- Light Move Festival 2013, 2014, Lodz, Poland
- Ambient Festival 2011, 2014 Gorlice
- Lalaland Festival 2009 (with Kinior & Makaruk), Chamonix- Mont-Blanc
- Film Polska Festival 2007 (with M.Wilczynski, Tomasz Stanko, Kinior), Babylon Cinema, Berlin
Author of audiovisual software systems for custom theatre performences – cooperated with Mabel Octobre Theatre, France staging in theatres:
- Confluences, Lieu d’engagement Artistique, Paris
- L’apostrophe – Théâtre des Arts, Cergy
- Nouveau Théâtre de Montreuil
- Le Grand R Theatre, La Roche-sur-Yon
- Théâtre Saint-Gervais, Genève